Bunny Brothers Share Kisses After Reuniting

Posted on June 11, 2014

Bunny Brothers Share Kisses After Reuniting 1

Bunny Brothers Share Kisses After Reuniting 2

Thanks, Amber and bunnies Thor and Ted! Amber writes:

This is my bunny being reunited with his brother after two years! They seemed to remember each other and straight away gave each other kisses!!

Thor and his brother Ted were separated at around 5 weeks old because their mum started attacking them as she had given birth to a second litter of kittens.

Thor came to me and Ted went to a friend of mine. I moved away from the area and recently went back to visit my mum and dad and had to take Thor with me. We thought it would be cute to see how they reacted to each other after a year. Both myself and Ted’s owner were quite nervous at first, worried that they might try and attack each other. However, Thor ran out of his carry cage straight towards Ted and they started giving each other lots of little kisses! So cute!

1. Brown June 11, 2014 at 7:41 am

Is it happy ever after, can the boys remain together? Bunnies are social, most enjoy a companion in kind.

2. Lionhead Mom June 11, 2014 at 8:06 am

Oh my goodness. I had to do a double take because one of them looks exactly like my Monty. So sweet to see brothers united.

3. Emmy Giovanni June 11, 2014 at 8:50 am

I think the bigger story here is that these bunnies’ mum gave birth to a litter of kittens 5 weeks after having bunnies.

• Sofia June 11, 2014 at 9:58 am

Hahahaha!

• Sif June 11, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Srsly!

(OP: they’re called kits, like fox kits.)

4. Beckluvsbunnies June 11, 2014 at 9:24 am

A bunny can get pregnant again, mere hours after giving birth.

You don’t get the phrase “breed like rabbits” for nothing :-)

5. mattyg June 11, 2014 at 9:43 am

how was the other rabbit not called loki?!

• geminist June 11, 2014 at 10:12 pm

^ I second this comment.

6. pictureclepto June 11, 2014 at 9:59 am

Long time ago, I had a giant french lop named Tigger. Tigger was bonded with another giant bun named Sammy but when I moved I had to take Tigger with me because he was my bunny and the person who I’d lived with had too many bunnies and I couldn’t have more than one pet where I was living. So I moved into my apartment and set Tigger up with his hutch and everything but he just wasn’t the same bun any more. Instead of hopping around and wanting cuddles (he was a very affectionate rabbit) he would just lay listless in his hutch. After a while I got really worried about Tigger. I talked with the person I used to live with and she was reporting similar behaviors from Sammy, so we decided to get the two buns together for a play date. I brought Tigger over to her house and the moment he was let out of the carrier, Sammy made a bee line to him and they kissed and ran around the room like crazy doing binkies until finally they settled down to cuddle and from that day forward we could never separate them. They even passed on within weeks of the other when they got old.

7. Natasa June 11, 2014 at 10:35 am

That’s crazy both of them look exacly like the two bunnies I had to give away four years ago. I wonder how they’re doing :/

8. Shell June 11, 2014 at 1:10 pm

Nice story about Tigger and Sammy. Sweet photos of Thor and Ted. Hope they can stay together.

9. sarah June 11, 2014 at 4:33 pm

I am the proud owner of ted. Called that becuase he looks like a big teddy bear. Hes a very happy bunny on his own. Id love him to have a friend but unfortunately cant at this time. Thor lives in london and im in north wales so they won’t be able to stay together but im sure they will have more playdates in the future! X

10. carol June 11, 2014 at 11:46 pm

what a nice story.All bunnys need another bunny to keep them happy.I need to get a buuny for mind.I have a dog, but she want’s a bunny to play with.they are so cute together hope they stay together!!

11. Shell June 12, 2014 at 2:10 am

Thank you, Sarah, for that explanation. May Ted and Thor and their humans live long, happy lives together.

12. shaynee June 12, 2014 at 4:06 am

True bunny love, they belong together:)