Rugs Are Best When You Have Furry Feet

Posted on March 2, 2014

Rugs Are Best When You Have Furry Feet 4

Happy Bunday! Thanks, Kaley and bunny Tonks! Kaley writes:

My bunny Tonks (yes, named after the Harry Potter character) decided she hated our slippery floor. We bought a rug so she could have space to run around. Lately, she’s been exploring and sticks a paw or two out onto the floor before scurrying back to the safety of her rug!

Rugs Are Best When You Have Furry Feet 1

Rugs Are Best When You Have Furry Feet 2

Rugs Are Best When You Have Furry Feet 3

1. Ashleigh March 2, 2014 at 9:55 am

I wish I could have rugs down for my bunnies, but they have a bad rug-eating habit. To them, any fabric = roots that must be cut! The best solution for them is cardboard, and while it makes my house look awful, it gives them just enough grip, plus they can chew it all they want.

• LeTicia March 2, 2014 at 10:05 am

Try using a blanket. I give my old blankets to my bunny and she loves to lay on it and jump on it. My mom gives me her old blankets too. Towels are also great.

2. Mari Tiwari March 2, 2014 at 10:27 am

I made “rabbit runways” by getting strips of indoor/outdoor carpet from a building supply store. It comes in a 12′ width, and you can have them cut off 2′ strips – the bunnies chew it (but don’t swallow it; you need to be careful about that) but is inexpensive enough that it doesn’t much matter.

3. Debbie March 2, 2014 at 10:54 am

Very cute! The bunnies always seem to prefer a nice carpet:)

4. Courtney March 2, 2014 at 1:10 pm

That is so funny! I thought my Cinnabunn was the only one that feared the linoleum!

• Boo March 3, 2014 at 1:08 pm

I wish my buns feared the lino…they eat it!

5. Parkii Gillis March 2, 2014 at 4:32 pm

She’s a beauty. :-)

• Kaley @ Books Etc March 2, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Thank you! I’m quite partial to her :)

• Biggestbunbuninthebonbon March 4, 2014 at 7:29 pm

how much? B)

6. Kaley @ Books Etc March 2, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Whee! So much fun to see my bunny as today’s daily bunny! I’m lucky that she doesn’t eat the rugs so, for now, this will do. She has lots of space to run around and be silly :)

• CrazyGambler March 3, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Thank you for sending pictures of your bunny. You have provided wonderful living conditions!

7. Sara March 2, 2014 at 11:47 pm

If you don’t mind me asking..What kind of rug is this called? I’m thinking about buying one for my bunny to run on.

8. Sherri M. March 3, 2014 at 12:30 am

cute bunny, ours won’t use the linoleum either, they have the spoiled rabbit room with wall to wall carpeting and run amuck down the hallway and in other 2 bedrooms for fun a few times a day.!!

9. Jan March 3, 2014 at 1:58 am

Tonks is beautiful. I love it when bunnies get adventurous and put a paw into new territory. Before long, she’ll be getting into all sorts of mischief :)

• Kaley @ Books Etc March 3, 2014 at 11:31 am

Thank you :) I think she’s quite the pretty girl! She likes to visit my mom up on the couch when we visit since we cover that whole area with a blanket. She’s so far away from my lounging area at home so no couch snuggles here! Hopefully she will get mischievous soon and come visit ;)

10. Marcy March 3, 2014 at 9:17 am

Pretty bun! And a great HP name too! I have wood floors and for my buns i use those large inter-connecting foam play mats (look like giant puzzle pieces). They provide great traction, are inexpensive, can be configured to fit any space, and my buns don’t chew on them.

• Kaley @ Books Etc March 3, 2014 at 11:29 am

Thanks! It makes it so much better when people recognize that it’s Harry Potter! I wondered about those foam pads but I worried about her chewing on them. I think she’d be fine but you never know!